The TanvasTouch SDK adheres to Semantic Versioning.
[3.0.0] – 2020-12-09
- Different screen orientations are now supported. The TanvasTouch Engine now renders haptics on screens in landscape and portrait orientation.
- New resource query functions in the C API. Previously, it was not possible to ask the Engine questions like
how many sprites are in this view?. This and similar omissions have been fixed.
- The haptic display no longer needs to be the main display.
- The .NET API library now targets .NET Core 3.1 and .NET Framework 4.5. Previously, the .NET API library targeted .NET Core 3.0 and .NET Framework 4.5.
[2.1.2] – 2020-11-10
- The TanvasTouch Engine icon no longer disappears from the system tray.
- Updated bundled OpenSSL version to 1.1.1h.
[2.1.1] – 2020-08-10
- Better recovery from configuration file corruption. In some rare situations, the configuration data for the TanvasTouch Engine Dashboard can be corrupted. The Dashboard will now detect when this happens and offer to reset the configuration data.
Resetting configuration data will require you to re-enter your license key. You can retrieve your license keys at https://tanvas.co/account/license-keys.
[2.1.0] – 2020-06-30
- Controller firmware updated to v1.3.0. Firmware version 1.3.0 adds support for new panel types, improves position accuracy, and fixes the following errors:
- Calibration could occur under measurement conditions that differed from normal use.
- The TanvasTouch Controller could, on USB suspend, go into a sleep mode that required power-cycling to exit.
- False touches might be reported in the top-left corner of the screen.
- More precise memory tracking for haptic resources. In SDK 2.0.2, the Engine only accounted for memory used by textures. In SDK 2.1.0, it also accounts for memory used by views, sprites, and materials.
- Updated demos in the Tanvas Intro App. The visuals and haptics in the Texture Catalog, Music Control, and Tire demos have been updated.
- New C API functions for querying application state. The
tanvastouch_get_material_texturefunctions provide information that was previously not available to applications.
- Corrected documentation for sprite pivot points. The C and .NET API documentation erroneously stated that pivot points of sprites were relative to the sprite; however, the Engine interprets pivot points relative to the sprite’s view.
[2.0.1] – 2019-12-19
This release of the TanvasTouch SDK contains backwards-incompatible API changes. Please read the migration notes for more information.
After upgrading, you will need to enter a user license key. If you purchased a TanvasTouch Dev Kit, you should have received a user license key at the email address you used for the purchase.
If you purchased a TanvasTouch Dev Kit but did not receive a license key, please contact email@example.com.
- Application licensing is no longer required. The initialization functions in the TanvasTouch API libraries no longer accept application IDs or license keys.
- Reduced rendering latency.
- Fixed texture upload crashes.
- The .NET API is now shipped as NuGet packages.
- The TanvasTouch Engine Dashboard has been redesigned. The Dashboard is now resizable and has been given a neutral color scheme.
- Firmware update triggers screen calibration. You no longer need to press the Calibrate button after updating firmware.
- Engine logs are now sent to Windows’ Event Log.
- The Dashboard now checks for firmware updates. The Engine now ships with a recommended firmware version, and will check the TanvasTouch Controller’s firmware version on engine startup.
[1.0.13] – 2019-09-04
- Firmware upgraded to 1.0.2, which greatly reduces dropouts in haptic rendering
[1.0.11] – 2019-08-07
- C API library: The
tanvastouch_get_sprite_positionfunctions were not accessible; this has been fixed. This error was introduced in 1.0.6.
- C API library: Removed internal headers.
[1.0.9] – 2019-08-02
- The SDK now offers the option to download and install the Tanvas Intro App, which is a demonstration of some surface haptics applications.
[1.0.6] – 2019-07-30
- The TanvasTouch APIs now require explicit initialization and licensing; see the 0.1.1 -> 1.0.6 migration notes for more details.
[0.1.1] – 2019-06-17
- Initial release.